Sunday, April 19, 2009

In Lieu of Fall and Winter...

The other night mbf and I got into a funny conversation about childhood memories. Now keep in mind that we come from two totally different cultures, so to find a common experience between us is fairly rare.

Mbf: I remember that I really loved to play with Legos!
Me: You had Legos? No way! I loved Legos too... I played with my brother's. Well, maybe they were ours combined, but they stayed in his room.
Mbf: Yeah? I used to build all sort of things with them...
Me: Me too! Hey! We should get some for us and build little cities and stuff.
Mbf: Cool! Hey - Did you know that you can now get erotic Lego?
Me: Really? *raises an eyebrow*
Mbf: Yeah! They have these little tiny battery-powered motors...
Me: BAWAHAHAHAHAH!
Mbf: What the...? *looks shocked at sudden outburst*
Me: You meant ROBOTIC! *continues to giggle*
Mbf: Yeah... Why what did you think I said? *still looking confused*

Did I mention that sometimes our respective accents get in the way of clear communication? He says that on average, he misses at least 30% of everything I say because of MY accent. The funny thing is, that until I met him, I didn't HAVE an accent. *laughs*

2 comments:

Cake said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUP!!!

This was awesome. Welcome back! Yay! Double-yay! Triple-yay!

I have to keep this short and exclamatory because I have actual work to do...stooopid work.

But welcome back!

soupie said...

thanks cake!

i will try and do better this time! little bit by little bit, i will get caught up with y'all!